First cook on 426

BBQ Joe

426 made it's arrival on Monday afternoon. I was out of town until Thursday night for work. Made it a very long week. Got home at 9 and looked for my camera for a 1/2 hour then got started. Finished at 11. 6 a.m. and time for seasoning. 7 and time for the ribs. 275 for 4 1/2 hours. Probably 1/2 hour too long. Ribs on right sprayed with apple juice, water, and apple cider veneger. One on right sprayed with Bry's, a soy sauce based spray. Ribs on outside basted with Bob Gibson at end, center one with 17th street. Took them to a friends cabin for dinner that night. Lots of complements to the chef! This grill is going to make me look very good! Thanks BPS and MAK!

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
Hey no problem You are probably right with the too long...at least at that temp...Try a batch at the the same time at 250 and see how you like them! Thanks for the support!

Hobbit

Thanks for sharing. Great first cook. I keep a log on each cook so I can figure out what went right and if it is good how I can repeat the process. Looks good.

ht01us

Lookin' good. That definitely was a long day for you. You've got a beautiful backdrop for your Mak there on one of the 10,000 lakes!

Top Bottom