Pleasing my Better Half!

Smokin Don

What you won't do to please your Better Half! We were having cousins for dinner yesterday. Blessed with too much rain, I had wanted to fix ribs for them. I told them rain or shine we would have ribs. Not having an overhead for my smoker decided to set it up in the garage. Wife said you can't get smoke on my stuff, two car garage is only one car now w/clothes storage closet on one wall & shelves on the other to store all my cooking gadgets. I used a section of flex dryer hose to exit the smoke stack out of the garage. Got it all set up & smoker going, wind blew hose back into the garage so used a step stool to hold it in place, worked good even though looked a little odd! I did up 3 racks of BBribs, one Greek Style seasoning, one w/my standard Penzeys Galena St. rub & my Butchers BBQ sauce, one w/bone suckin rub & sauce. Everyone liked the Greek & Bone suckin best. My standard was the least favorite so try something new once in awhile! Sorry didn't get as many pics as I wanted but have two of leftovers!

My crazy set up.
_5252940.jpg

Wife's pretty set up
_5252941.jpg

My standard on the left & Bonesuckin on right
_5252942.jpg

Greek Style Ribs
_5252943.jpg

Smokin Don

ACW3

Where there is a will there is a way! Good job. I'm glad I am not alone in trying to keep the better half happy.

Art

Smokin Don

Thanks all, the sun was out all thru the cook but after we ate it came in handy to close the garage door while it poured to cool my smoker down. Should have it in the garage now, I got up at 4am & put on a 10 lb. pork picnic shoulder w/skin & has been misty rain all morning but keeping my pellets dry. Smokin Don

Smokin Don

What did you do to the greek ribs?

Sparky, just use salt, pepper, oregano & garlic. Season up with these as much as you like, I always like a lot of garlic. I usually do this, wrap & fridge overnight. An hour before you fix, add the juice of 1/2 lemon, & lemon zest then prepare as you like. The last hr. when finishing add the juice of half a lemon, then serve as is. It's a nice change from the usual BBQ sauce. Smokin Don

Smokin Don

For those that want to try the Greek Style ribs. The first time I made them I didn't do the lemon zest but the next time I did & think you really need that. I have a nice zester that does long curls & maybe you can see in this photo. Smokin Don

_4302849.jpg

Top Bottom