First pulled pork for this MAK newbie

Patrick_CT

First ever Pulled pork. Set on smoke from 10pm to 6am when I upped the temp to 225. Little one finished around 9am, and into the cooler in foil with apple juice and chipolte flakes.. Big one finished at 11am (195) then into the cooler. Pulled the meat around 1:30 or so. It was awesome, like butter!

We used the meat to make sandwiches, fajitas for the neighbors, pizza toppings... and we still gave meat away. Nobody complained!

P1080896.jpg

In the morning:
P1080898.jpg

Big one being pulled:
P1080899.jpg

Pulling the meat:
P1080900.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
Nice thats a pretty low cooking time though...Remember that after the meat gets to about 140 it no longer accepts the smoke.....

BBQ Joe

Looks great! I have a party coming up in a couple of weeks and will attept some butts too. Great to see some good examples. I like the Bad Byrons too,

Patrick_CT

Thanks for the comments.

BP the reason it sat at smoke setting all night is because I did not actually start the pellet boss program.. I only wanted to smoke for 4 hours then have it bump up to 225. I never went back and checked to see. Luckily I went out early enough and noticed the setting was still on smoke and had enough time to finish the cook. Pellet cooking a pork butt is a very forgiving game and a good confidence builder.

Top Bottom