Great article/video on Yahoo

Trooper

The Memphis in May was he first event that I visited, once I knew I was hooked on BBQ.
The judging was interresting to me. NO BLIND JUDGING HERE.
The judges know exactly who's/who. They visit the team at their cooking location and are
fed and "entertained' at a decorated table and chair - right there.
No parsley filled styro containers here.
The presentation, as done by the big boys, (the circle of those who keep on winning) is quite high end.
Final comment - MEMPHIS -Ahhh, what a great American city to visit. Put it on your vacation list.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Funny troop I was disapointed in Memphis as a city but loved the spectacle of MIM....There were these huge three story bbq discos and the hottest chicks dancin with fat guys that had a beer in one hand and a rib in the other!

Trooper

Funny troop I was disapointed in Memphis as a city but loved the spectacle of MIM....There were these huge three story bbq discos and the hottest chicks dancin with fat guys that had a beer in one hand and a rib in the other!

Actually BP the whole scene at MIM blew me away.
Even though we had a torrential rainfall, I couldn't get enough of the festivities.
It was the judging issue, that I wanted to make readers aware of (who have never been there). Many think the judging is like @ other BBQ events.

THE JUDGING AREA AIN'T LIKE THIS IN MEMPHIS!
12-1.jpg

Top Bottom