7 way bypass Potatoes

Big Poppa

Administrator
I am having my annual geriatric big chill weekend...for the last few years we invite three couples for this holiday weekend in Pauma Valley california...Golf Laughs and hopefully good food. One of the stalwarts just had to cancel because he had to have an emergency 7 way bypass...So only one couple is here...I will post pics of the dinner but this is a really great recipe I came up with tonight....

Pre heat your smoker to 400

Start by slicing a vidalia onion thinly and line the bottom of a pyrex pie pan. Sprinkle with Big Poppa's double Secret
IMG_0659.jpg

the take two large russet potatoes and peel and slice thinly and start layering until the pan is full....Sprinkle with Little Louies Seasoned Garlic Salt with Black Pepper and pour a cube of melted butter and put in the smoker
IMG_0661.jpg

Cook for about 35 minutes and dust with finely grated parmesan and then coarse grated
parmesan
IMG_0664.jpg

and cook for another 20 minutes and here is what it looks like
IMG_0665.jpg

cut it like a pie and you just cant believe how good this was....A keeper

A bypass is worth living for....these taters are to die for.

sparky

i love taters. that looks so good. i nice easy recipe too. nice job partner. the name fits perfectly. :cool:

Rip

Awesome BP! I will be trying this one! Sorry to hear about your friend, I hope everything is going well for him.

ITFD#15

I like it..... Similar in ingredients to the potato's in tinfoil I do, I really like the nice browned layer on the top.
I think I am going to try it next time.

Rip

Hey BP, made these taters to go with our chicken dinner tonight...everybody loved them, should've made a double batch! Thanks for the idea!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I really love them and there wasnt a scrap left....Our dear friend from South Dakota that visited scraped the pie pan clean....

Top Bottom