Double Hickory Shagbark-ed Dumpster Butts

squirtthecat

The glue. (Hickory #1)

IMGP2968.JPG

The rub. (open a bunch of rubs and 'dump' it in - Salt Lick Clone is the primary component)

IMGP2971.JPG

Make a mess... (about 35 pounds of butts)

IMGP2978.JPG

Hickory pellet (Hickory #2) mix in the hopper. MAK is set at 245°. We'll check back after some coffee tomorrow AM!

--

7:20AM check...

IMGP2988.JPG

IMGP2989.JPG

Bottom ones were done, so I've pulled them off and wrapped up tight in the cooler for transport to my buddy's house. The others are climbing out of the 170s now..

I had a nibble of the 'weld' off of the frogmat, and they are very tasty. Just a hint of sweetness from the syrup.

I'll get some more pictures later this afternoon when we get it all pulled at my buddy's house.

Rip

Nice butts squirt! I need to make room for butts on my cook calendar, this weekend is all requested up!

CarterQ

Good looking stuff there Squirt, gotta love waking up to that beautiful bark after a good night's rest.

TentHunter

Great title & great looking butts! :)

You have me pretty intrigued with the Shagbark Hickory syrup. I love both Maple & Sassafras. I have some sassafras root and have even thought of making some syrup. Shagbark Hickory grows here in Ohio. What's the syrup taste like?

squirtthecat

The syrup is a nutty/earthy Maple syrup. It's very good.

Yeah, we pulled 2 at my friend's house and tossed the other 2 in his garage fridge. He's got enough pork to feed the entire golf course now.

Top Bottom