Chicken breast

Chuckster

I am getting ready to do some chick breasts today and I have a question. Louisiana smoker and Texas Mesquite ( Bear Mountian) pellets.

I have tried low and slow and hot and fast. Breasts seem to dry out no matter how you do 'em. I am gonna use an injectable marinade and my ? is What temp to run the smoker for the meat to get done and still be juicy?

BudGarrison

I agree with BP, I don't do breasts often, I usually do whole chickens or thighs. Most of the time with any chicken, I will through a little seasoning on them and then on to the pellet smoker at around 300 - 325. If I am doing a whole chicken and I want it to get more smokey flavor, once it is up to temp, I will kick the smoker down into smoke and let it smoke for an hour or so. The breasts are alwasy joucy and delicious and the makes the best chicken salad sandwiches the next day.

Chuckster

Thanks guys...I went ahead and injected them with "cajun injector" roasted garlic and herb. Cooking on the grill as I write this. Set temp @ 250 for slower times cause wife had to go to her daughters house ( son got bit by something on his arm). I got pics so I will post when they come off the grill.. thanks for the reponses

Chuckster

Here you go: First pic is the breasts with the injector and marinade. Second is a little extra I poured over the chicken while I waited for the grill to come up to temp, Last one is final product. IT 159 when pulled and coverd with foil
IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Chuckster

It was very juicy!! I think it well worth injecting. The flavor was spread throughout the meat and it wasn't overpowering! Last time I injected some breasts I used Brinksman's Bayou buttery gold and cooked them in my Ronco Showtime rotiseree. The flavor was a bit pocketed, so I have found a better way to cook my chicken!!

Top Bottom