20th Anniversary Dinner

Rip

My wife and I recently celebrated our 20th anniversary by spending a week at Walt Disney World (her favorite place in the world). We had a great time! Last weekend was kind of hectic, but this weekend we finally had time to cook a proper anniversary dinner.

First though, here's a shot of me bringing the BPS message to the masses in front of what could have been the worlds largest kettle smoker.
WDW-0052sm-1.jpg

We decided to have Filets, Lobster tails, asparagus, twice baked potatoes, champagne, and something special for dessert.

First up was preparing the dessert, Bacon Pralines. Here's the ingredients.
IMG_2296sm.jpg

A pound of bacon was smoked in the MAK and then finely chopped. Meanwhile 3tbs brown sugar and 3 tbs of butter were melted in a sauce pan, a 1 and 1/4 cups of chopped pecans were then stirred in until they were fully coated. This mixture was spread out in a pan, in to the MAK @350, and baked until they were golden brown. About 10 minutes.
IMG_2298sm.jpg

Next, 2 cups of brown sugar, 2 tbs butter, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 cup heavy cream were combined in a larger sauce pan over low heat until the sugar melted, ~15 minutes. Then using moderate heat the mixture was brought to 236 degrees, removed from the burner, and allowed to cool. At 220 degrees the chopped bacon and pecans were mixed in. The resultant mix was spooned out onto parchment paper and allowed to cool.
IMG_2302sm.jpg

Bring on the main course!
IMG_2303sm.jpg

The filets were rubbed with Garlic Cayenne EVOO and dusted with BPS Double Secret. Then on to the MAK @300. They were pulled @IT135. While they rested the aparagus, lobster tails, and twice baked potato peaks were cooked.
IMG_2305sm.jpg

A rose from the garden, a bottle of Korbel, and Happy Anniversary!
IMG_2312sm.jpg

As wonderful as this dinner was, (and it was awesome,) we couldn't wait to finish and have some Bacon Pralines. These things are Awesome!! Sugary, smokey, buttery pecan praline bacon goodness. They're like Super pig candy. Highly recommended!

Thanks for looking!

ACW3

OMG!! This looks fantastic! I hope my wife doesn't see this. We are getting ready to celebrate our 43rd on the 15th of June. I'll have to start thinking of something really special. Surf and turf always works in our house. Since we will be hosting some long time Navy friends on our anniversary, we may actually go out for dinner. However, I will have to cook something special when there is just the two of us. What to cook?

Art

CarterQ

Congrats to you and your better half on 20 years, that's awesome. That dinner was killer, everything looked like a home run!

Chuckster

CONGRATS on the 20 years.All that food looks WONDERFUL!!! Gonna be 11 for me and my sweetheart next Fri. I was gonna enter the contest but since she is a budding pro photographer she will be at nieces graduation down south (mad)....so stay tuned as the week after that I will bringing big guns out!!!

TentHunter

Rip, three letters:

W... O... W!!!

That whole dinner looks fabulous. What a great way to celebrate your 20th anniversary! I am giving those bacon pralines a try soon!

Top Bottom