Memorial Day Eve all day cook out

bflodan

Lunch:
Turned the MAK on at about 10am and I dont think I shut it off till just before dark...Looking back at it now Im mad at myself that I didnt cook my breakfast on it!! For lunch I made some Chicken Kabobs with just a simple Teriyaki Marinade, a Prime Flat Iron steak with a Balsamic Reduction Marinade and seasoned with BP Little Louies with pepper, Grilled Romaine with Caesar Dressing and some Beans!!

001-6.jpg

Threw the Chicken on the MAK at 250 then added the steak about 20min later..
003-6.jpg

Pulled the steak when it hit 130 put in the warmer then cranked her to high heat.. Put it on the grill grates for about 5 min per side....Pulled and rested while I did the Romaine..
008-8.jpg

007-5.jpg

009-6.jpg

011-2.jpg

Sliced, Plated and Served
012-4.jpg

013-3.jpg

Came out GREAT!!

bflodan

Dinner:
Not long after we finished lunch dinner was already in the works!! Went to the local Butcher Shop and picked up some wonderful lookin Ribs and a whole rack of Kobe Beef Short Ribs!! BP, yours was so good last weekend I hade to try it myself!

I did the Ribs with a little CT glue and added some Little Louies with pepper and Obie Cues Sweet n Heat..
025-2.jpg

For the Short Ribs I used CT as glue and added some Little Louies with Pepper and also some Double Secret Steak Rub..
022-1.jpg

027-3.jpg

Set the MAK to smoke and threw them on for 30min then bumped it 270 and let ride..
028-3.jpg

029-1.jpg

Pulled the ribs at about 3 hrs and foiled with Butter, Honey, and Brown sugar for about 45min...Pulled from foil and back on the MAK for about another 45min to an 1Hr with a couple sauce bastes.. Pulled everyting at once and let cool for a few...I let Short Ribs rest about 20 before sliceing!

036-1.jpg

037-2.jpg

041-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

The ribs where fall of the bone tender and those Kobe Short Ribs where excellent!!! I could have sworn I took a plated pic but I couldnt find it!! Maybe we just really wanted to eat!!

bflodan

Dessert:
This is a first for me. I have not done one dessert on my MAK until today, and Oh there will be plenty more!! I couldnt believe how good it came out...Pretty sure I might not even need a oven anymore!

Made a Raspberry/Blackberry Crisp... Bought 3 containers of Raspberries and We had some left over Blackberries so i decided to add them also...
002-3.jpg

Mixed the Berries with some Sugar and Corn Starch and let them rest for about 45min, took some Oatmeal, Brown Sugar and Butter and pulsed it in the food processer till mixed.. Pressed some into the bottem of a baking dish then topped with the berries..Then added the rest of the Oatmeal mixture to the top..
005-7.jpg

006-9.jpg

Preheated the MAK to 350 and put it in for about 45min..
017-3.jpg

018-2.jpg

Served with a little Ice Cream..
019-2.jpg

What a great day!!! Im going to have to put a pellet order in after this one!!

Top Bottom