Shortbread & Fruit Bourbon Compote

TentHunter

Shortbread Biscuits with Smoky Fruit & Bourbon Compote.

I was given some freshly cut rhubarb (I love rhubarb :)) and wanted to use it for some desert. I cut it up with some Strawberries & California Peaches from the market and put it into two baking pans.

The first Pan had Peaches & Strawberries, the second had Rhubarb, Strawberries & some Pineapple chunks. Both were coated well with sugar and a little Kentucky Bourbon. The Mrs. mixed up some dough for Shortbread Drop Biscuits. Both fruit compotes & biscuits went onto the pellet grill for about 35 minutes at 325° (cherrywood pellets).
COMPOTE1.JPG

35 minutes later the fruit is soft, hot & lightly smoked. Here's the Peaches & Strawberries:
COMPOTE2.JPG

The Rhubarb, Strawberries & Pineapple:
COMPOTE3.JPG

A layer of biscuits, peaches & strawberries, topped with a layer of biscuits & the Rhubarb medley. NO whipped cream, NO ice cream, just the biscuits with the warm fruit & some of the bourbon sauce spooned overtop.
COMPOTE4.JPG

It was sweet-tart, slightly smoky and good!

P.S. When I bought the California peaches I couldn't help but think of CarterQ and if his comapny packed them!

Last edited:

CarterQ

Great looking desert Tent! Also thanks for buying those California Peaches, we put a lot of hard work into them to make sure they taste good on your end!

Last edited:
Top Bottom