Is it sacrilege?

CarterQ

Nope variety is the spice of life, it's always fun to play with other cookers as they all have their strong suites. My MAK and Hasty Bake coexist very nicely!

bbqslayer

The only thing I miss about cooking bbq over charcoal is the searing I can do by that. I know lots of you have the ways to get that with the high temp units or the one with the flame zone. So I guess what I'm asking is do those features I think I want, NOT feed the need I think I want?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I have said many times that charcoal is the best sear....the pellet cookers just do so many things beautifully....The wsm would be for smoking and I think that the pellet cooker does that......I would look for a searing companion

Buffalotom

BP,
What would be your recommendation for a real good searer? Best charcoal grill out there, in your opinion.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I love the Meadow Creek Pr36...It is a smoker, a roaster, a water smoker, a up tight grill and a beautiful indirect direct unit

I love hasty bakes all of them but the gourmet is the cats pj's

TTNuge

I love the Meadow Creek Pr36...It is a smoker, a roaster, a water smoker, a up tight grill and a beautiful indirect direct unit

I love hasty bakes all of them but the gourmet is the cats pj's

I might just have to sell my Big Steel Keg to get a PR36. I wonder if I originally got the PR36 instead if I'd be wanting the BSK this bad. Who wants one? LOL

Star1021Scott

I have said many times that charcoal is the best sear....the pellet cookers just do so many things beautifully....The wsm would be for smoking and I think that the pellet cooker does that......I would look for a searing companion

I've got a gasser for that :)

scooter

Scott, in their price range, I think WSMs stand alone as the best smoker you can buy. Designed and constructed well, they hold temps steady and put a luxurious smoke flavor on whatever cooks in them. I own the 18 and the 22 WSM. For under $500 they simply can't be beat. Take the middle section off, put the top grate on the charcoal chamber and you can sear on them.

jimsbarbecue

I agree with Scooter. I own a 18 and have had a 22 before. Both are great. I kept the 18 because with the MAK I don't use the WSM as much and the 18 takes less room and also got me into this great Smoking way of Barbecue.

Top Bottom