Fast Eddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstcynske

I have a chance at a fast eddy grill, PG1000. Does anyone have experience with this grill, how does it compare to other top end grills?
Thanks

Big Poppa

Administrator
Some like them, Some dont...Jeremie Meitz here loves them...I think that they are ok but if you have 6 feet of decking to give up you may like it...it is short on capacity and I do not believe that the flame zone sears like it should. The flame zone takes up prime smoking area too...I owned one of the first ones that Dansons made and sold it to Thom Emery and he loves it.

jstcynske

Well I just sealed the deal on one, stainless model. I could not pass up the deal, it is too good to be true! I have the room for it, so that is not an issue. How is it different from a 2 star? The concept looks to be the same?

CarterQ

Very different concept than most pellet cookers altogether. The small grill area over the firebox or "charbroiler" is always open and uncovered so this area is a direct cooking only area. The MAK's flame zone can be covered and the space over it can be utilized for indirect cooking. The way the FE firebox is set up it creates multiple temp "zones" in the cooker and has a top down cooking pattern with heat and smoke exiting the bottom.

Another big difference is with the pellet control system, the FE controller requires more manual fine tuning of auger run times etc (similar to Traeger P settings) to get the desired temp /smoke combinations where the Pellet Boss system is more automatic, has integrated meat probes, remote capabilities), and the ability to program the unit.

I believe usable smoking space is much smaller on the FE than the MAK especially with the upper rack installed.

Sure others know more but these are a few of the major points of differentiation

Last edited:

jmeitz

you wont regret your decision, just make sure to learn your pit. I love mine and its all about personal choice. I like having 4 different cooking temp areas and have had no issues with space. Grant i do not cook 8 butts at a time but i can do 4-5 at a time if need be. I did by a Primo Xl just incase i needed that extra space for a large party but for now the FE1000 does everything i need.

Thom Emery

I enjoy using the FE1000
There are so many good pellet mochines out there now
Lots of choices for the Grill Kings

Big Poppa

Administrator
Jeremie I thought your wife wanted a built in? WIth a MAk or Memphis you dont need a primo.....(just kidding you Jeremie)

jmeitz

I know, but after thinking about it didnt want two pellet grills. thought i would try the ceramic route.

jmeitz

havent used it yet, havent had any up and running for a while. Dont have anywhere to cook. patio is not done and my grills are sitting packed away in the garage with all my other stuff for the patio. here is the grill area sitting in my driveway.

247639_1891290215239_1631036211_1811192_7025764_n.jpg

jstcynske

Had a good talk with Fast Eddy, and as of right now I canceled the "good deal" I thought I had. It was the Danson model, which sounds like it has some issues, more than I want to deal with anyway. I am now back to the drawing board, but more than likely will place an order for a cookshack version shortly.
Thanks for your help everyone...

nepas

I was at Freds Music&BBQ last week and seen one in person..IMHO It was shoddy put together with rivets and sealant around it. Dont even come close to my MAK.

CarterQ

I looked at one when I was shopping for a cooker. If you can cook on one, or see one in use, I think it would really help you out in making a decision. They are pretty expensive so you want to make sure it does everything you need. I didn't end up with a MAK by accident.............

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
I thank Eddy every day for this place. Because of his behavior he was my inspiration to create another home for pellet smokers. A friendly one that is cook centric.

I prefer the MAK and the Memphis... I didnt like the Dansons one....I have heard mixed on the Cookshack.

jstcynske

I thank Eddy every day for this place. Because of his behavior he was my inspiration to create another home for pellet smokers. A friendly one that is cook centric.

I prefer the MAK and the Memphis... I didnt like the Dansons one....I have heard mixed on the Cookshack.

I get a lot of mixed reviews on them all...
The memphis has a lot of great features, but sounds like it might like to start on fire.
The Mak has a lot of great features also, but i'm told it doesn't get very hot. I live in MN, and would like to grill during the winter with whatever I purchase, so not sure if the Mak is the way to go for me.
The FE again has a lot of great features, doesn't sound like the Danson made version was very good, but the cookshack has some very good reviews.
The thing with me is I wont buy anything without doing my homework, which is a good thing, but also makes things difficult because it always comes down to which one has the least amount of flaws.
In the end, I just want to grill/smoke/slow cook...I just need to pick the one that fits me, right now it is looking like the cookshack FE.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Im sure if you talked to him you got a snootfull....he used to tell people that the Dansons were good too....All of us on the inside have heard the rants before......I dont want to go there...

You have many people giving you hands on reviews here from all over the country....Just start burning pellets and posting pics. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom