Nepas Smokeout recipe test #1

Deb

working on a recipe for the Nepas smokeout

here is the final pic
IMG_0452-1.jpg

started out by smoke/roasting some peppers & garlic on the pellet grill
4548cb9c.jpg

while they were going I started preparing the pan - double foil wrapped pan, went to start the crust - the tortilla chips I had bought less than an hour ago are gone:confused: quick text to Kevin, footsteps upstairs - tortilla chips appear , he blames his girlfriend. Blue corn tortillas & butter in the food processor for the crust
25b6f657.jpg

peppers diced up & chopped a scallion
ea65a8f0.jpg

started the cheesecake - one pkg of cream cheese whip until smooth, added a couple cloves of the roasted garlic (added a couple more later)
5e45912c.jpg

added the second pkg of cream cheese whip until smooth, a couple of eggs (one at a time, beating until mixed in well after each), then some sour cream

added some of the peppers, scallions, some grated seriously sharp cheddar cheese, looked like this:
e4f956b5.jpg

into the prepared pan, topped with some peppers, some more cheddar. Pan into a larger pan for a water bath
92a8c29b.jpg

had the traeger preheating - or I thought I did, looked outside and the controller is blank. GFI is tripped. Go outside pull it apart and there are hardly any pellets in the firepot, they are burnt. Clean it, start it again, it ignites, pellets start burning,, put it back together, and a minute or two later it trips again. Grrrrrrrr! :mad: go inside start oven , preheat and cheesecake into the oven
bae3852b.jpg

to be continued.......

Last edited:

Deb

a few more pics

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

some things I'm changing

blue corn crust is purple - not sure what I'm going to do with this
I smoked some cream cheese, cheddar & pepperjack a couple weeks ago - *will be subbed for the non-smoked cheeses
still working on some other changes

TentHunter

some things I'm changing

blue corn crust is purple - not sure what I'm going to do with this...

Just a suggestion...

Send it to me, send it to me, send it to me! The purplish/blue color is just the way blue corn chips look and wouldn't bother me in the least. I think the color contrasts nicely with the cheesecake :).

What a great idea a savory instead of sweet cheesecake for an appetizer. Clever! The Mrs. just saw this and said, "Wow."

Patrick_CT

I really need some creativity classes from you. this looks incredible and I never would have thought of something like this..

ACW3

Can't wait to taste it. I can already tell that the problem with attending the SO is "pacing yourself". So many good things to eat. Maybe this "event" should be over several days/weeks. Now THAT would be a party!!!

Art

Top Bottom