After months of forum reading.....

INsmoker

and accepting my budget limitations, I've got it down to the following PGs:
Yoder 480/640
Memphis Advantage
MAK 1 Star.
I cook year around. I live in the mid-west where we get real snow/ice in winter and rain in spring. My current grill/smoker is a large BGE. I do like smoke.
Anyone wish to help solve my quandary. None of these units are available for me to get a good look at.
Thanks,
Mike

TTNuge

I live in MN and smoke year round in my MAK without worry. It may use more pellets but it still gets the job done. I think for me the remote Pellet Boss is the clear winter winner. Not having to go outside to check the food or smoker temp... Priceless!

malawoo

I have the Mak 2 star and I am also parcel to the Mak 1 is great. But the advantage is great also. BP can help you out either way. Good Luck and pellet smoking fever is awesome. Lots of luck.

SmokeAndSpice

I responded to your post from a month ago. I am now a proud owner of a Memphis Advantage purchased from Big Poppa. So far I like it a lot. I will continue to use my ceramic (egg) cooker when appropriate (e.g., when I want very high direct heat), but already know I will be getting a lot of great use out of the pellet cooker. For one thing, start-up time is much quicker, and since I've never owned a gasser I'll be doing more spur of the moment outdoor cooking. My weather (east-central IL) is probably like yours, but it'll be awhile before I get to winter cooking. I suspect there will be a month or two in there where I will keep the cooking indoors.

I also heartily endorse buying from Big Poppa. Speedy and helpful pre- and post-sale support, and very competitive pricing.

Top Bottom