Mop or brush?

383inTheD

I was surprised to find no matches for "mop" searching the forum. Brush turns up a fair number of threads going off in different directions. I was wondering if most of you actually use a mop, make a brush do everything for you, or something else.

Also, what type of material have you found to be best (silicon, removable cotton, etc.)?

SisInLaw

The silicon brushes are great and dishwasher safe. The old "brushes" you used to buy actually had brush hairs that would come off on the food. Disgusting. I don't have a cotton mop but the competition guys seem to like them.

CarterQ

Don't mop often but I do have a silicone mop and brushes. Like SIL said much easier to sanitize and clean in the dishwasher. I wouldn't mess with a cotton mop or bristled brush.

FLBentRider

I have a silicone and a regular brush. I prefer the regular brush, and so far it has kept is bristles to itself.

HogSmoker

Here here silicone brush is the best IMO too. Cotton mop works but I have found too big for small back-yard grilling.

Rip

A big silicon brush makes a very effective mop. I have three sizes and use them all when doing ribs 3-ways with three different finishes.

TentHunter

Silicon brushes & mops for me too! :)

Poly fiber brushes can melt & like SIL said, both poly & natural fiber brushes WILL lose bristles. I saw a video of a competition rib entry get disqualified because of a bristle!

Cotton yarn mops? Yikes!!! What a nightmare to get & keep clean AND bacteria free. Blehhh, I shudder just thinking about it!

sparky

silicon here. i do have two brushes. one that i wash off for me and the family to use and one that i let the dog lick off for ppl who piss me off that my kids bring over. dog wash and all ready to use again. don't tell know one. i dislike my kids stupid friends. they say i am mean. nah.... i am a very friendly guy.

Last edited:

malawoo

Silicon for me I tried using a bistle one a long time ago and left a bristle or two and said yuk and then went to the garbage can. Never used a cotton mop yuk and bacteria bound.

383inTheD

It was a serious inquiry and then I got to Sparky's reply. Guess I got my belly laugh for the day! It took me two minutes to compose myself again. Thanks for all your input.

Top Bottom