Hidden Valley Ribs

sparky

a good friend of mine sent me a recipe. he said i might like it. if it has something to do w/ bb backs i am interested. i will say i have never cooked ribs like this before.

P6050052.jpg

mixed some dry ingredients into a container

P6050053.jpg

put it all over the ribs, front and back. let them sit for 1/2 hours to soak up the goodness.

P6050056.jpg

mixed wet ingredients and another packet of hidden valley and poured over the ribs.

P6050059.jpg

onto #36 @ 275º uncovered for 1 hour

P6050065.jpg

covered them up and let them cook for total of 3 or 4 hours. wasn't paying attention. looked good.

P6050076.jpg

drained gravy off and let ribs sit while i drank 1 FT.

P6050079.jpg

drained off fat off of gravy and put over the ribs i cut up. ohhhh. the gravy was good. i can't say how good these were.

P6050090.jpg

yummy for my tummy. i sometimes share my food. not this time. didn't share w/ my wife, daughter or son.

P6050093.jpg

i ate the entire rack of ribs by myself. they were good. two thumbs up garth.....

:cool:

Last edited:

Rip

Interesting ribs Sparky, looks mighty tasty....but I can't help but wonder if you and your good friend can agree on which one of you is cuter... :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Rip is too smart Should I give these a try? They look pretty good but the style is sort of fall off the bone brasied...Could you taste the ranch flavor...My kids (youngest is 22 Love Ranch with everything....pizza you name it.)

TentHunter

Braised ribs once in a while is a nice change up. I like the ranch dry marinade idea.

This ones got my two thumbs up Garth!

ACW3

Sparky,
I love the way you roll. Never a dull moment with you on the grill cooking ribs. This certainly looks like a nice way to serve them. It goes on my "to-cook list".

Art

sparky

heh, BP. that hidden valley ribs did taste like hidden valley. flavor was excellent but not like the dressing.

Top Bottom