1st cook on my new Grill Grates from Big Poppa!

Deimatt

Tonight I recieved my new Grill Grates so I tried them out on a Tri Tip I found on sale. Fired up the grill and set to Smoke. Seasoned the Tip with Garlic Olive Oil, MAK Mesquite Rub, and Cabelas Garlic and Beer rub (1st time trying the Cabela's). Smoked it for about an hour in the smoke box.
Then fired the grill up to 450. Put the TriTip on the Grill grates and rotated at 100 degrees then finished at 122. Set 10 minutes and ate.
OH my gosh. I am in awe. When they talk about the "sizzle" they are not kidding. These things are amazing. The meat was so juicy. My Girlfiend is not big on the taste of Red Meat. She loved it. She loved it loved it loved it.
I would highly recommend.
Will post a couple of pics. They are with my phone but just so you know the center is that perfect Medium Rare Red.
Thanks BP for pimping these things. They are amazing. ;););)

Mr Hickory

I am drooling.....My wife has a mild reservation to red meat as well, but I have also changed her mind. Along with the other tweleve people at the table that make all those funny noises while they are eating. Somehow "oh my God" is always distinguishable regardless of how big a bite they take.

Top Bottom