Breakfast Fattie on the Hasty Bake

cowgirl

and I forgot to throw in some pellets!!
I make these a lot and wanted to see how the Hasty Bake would perform.
I made my usual filling... fried potatoes, minced onions, smoked ham, cheese and seasonings...
007-4-1.jpg

made some sausage and rolled it out inside of a one gallon baggie
used my fattie piston for the filling...
016-4-1.jpg

rolled and wrapped in a bacon weave...

022-3-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

034-3-1.jpg

into the top shelf of the Hasty Bake with the hot coal grate on the "bake" level..
087-1.jpg

106-1.jpg

006-2-1.jpg

I placed a slice of the fried potato, ham fattie on a toasted english muffin, topped with an easy-over egg and drizzled with hollandaise...

025-4-1.jpg

028-2-1.jpg

I was a happy girl!
Thanks for looking!

CarterQ

Awesome as usual Jeanie, lovin the Hasty Bake as well but looking at your stuff I definitely have something to shoot for!

TentHunter

I'd say that hasty bake is performing just fine.

Anybody else have a sudden urge to take a little drive out to Oklahoma?

sparky

real nice fattie jeanie. i love eggs benedict. how do you get your basket weave so perfect on your fattie? how can i make mine perfect like yours?

cowgirl

hahaa... Thanks Deb!

real nice fattie jeanie. i love eggs benedict. how do you get your basket weave so perfect on your fattie? how can i make mine perfect like yours?

Thanks Sparky! I start the weave in the middle...not sure if that makes sense. lol I weave each side of the bacon mat from the center to the sides. It seems to make a tighter weave.
Let me know if I made absolutely no sense Sparky! (wouldn't be the first time :) )

Hobbit

You are an artist is bacon. The presentation looks so good both before and after serving. Makes me hungry just looking.

Top Bottom