Mini Brisket

TentHunter

I was at the butchers picking some ground beef for sausage making. He knows I love smoking meats & barbecuing and pulled something out of case to show me...

It was a gorgeous little 4 lb brisket. Not a flat or point, but a whole brisket he'd cut from a really small cow. There was no way I couldn't pass it up a mini brisket like that! :p

Brown mustard, some homemade beef rub then onto the pit with a water/drip pan underneath.
SMBRISK1.JPG

Into a foil pan with Braising liquid (beer, brown sugar, Cider vinegar & red pepper flakes). Covered tightly and back on to braise while smoking some Dill Ranch Potato Wedges.
SMBRISK4.JPG

The Flat, separated & put back on a hot pit to finish off the bark. Meanwhile the point was cut into cubes, hit with more rub and put back on for some burnt ends.
SMBRISK5.JPG

Throw on a little sauce, Toss & let 'em caramelize for 10 minutes or so.
SMBRISK6.JPG

Finished, sliced & plated.
SMBRISK7.JPG

SMBRISK8.JPG

SMBRISK9.JPG

It was small in size but big on taste!

Thanks for sneaking a peek.

383inTheD

Shouldn't Tent's post have come with a warning? Something like "WARNING: do not view the following photos if you have not yet eaten today". Dang, that looks fantastic!

TentHunter

Thanks everyone! :)

I wish you guys could've seen this thing in person. I'd never seen a whole brisket that small before. I think the age of the small cow kept it from being quite as tough and it came out really tender.

Top Bottom