Lamb SS Via Traeger/Bradley

nepas

Got some ground lamb needed to be used so i made some SS (Summer Sausage) from it. Aint heard of to many folks doing ground lamb so why not try it....EH

Using my Lil'Tex again to deliver the smoke to the Bradley. BM Hickory.

Just mixed and stuffed yesterday.
DSC01295.jpg

Hanging overnight.
DSC01296.jpg

Getting smoke today.
DSC01303.jpg

nepas

Cut open day for the Lamb SS

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

Looks good, Taste is better than i expected. I will use Lamb again.
DSC01342.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

TentHunter

It sure looks might tasty.

You've heard of "Honey Do" lists? Well I have a "Cliffy Try" list and this is going on it! ;)

ACW3

Between Rick and Cliff, they have inspired me to greater heights in sausage making. I recently saw the following method of smoking some homemade sausage and decided to give it a try. I made five pounds of basic beef summer sausage to be smoked. Instead of using the typical casings available, I decided to try to smoke them in water-soaked corn husks. I had used some 73/27 ground beef (they didn't have any 80/20 available that day). It had a little more fat than I would normally use, but I decided to give it a try anyway. I soaked the corn husks in warm water while I made up some small sausages to be placed into the husks. I put the sausage in the husks and tied off each end. I put them in the cold smoker on the MAK for about 2 hours of good 100% hickory smoke. After 2 hours I moved them to the main stage and cranked the heat up to 250 until they were done. I actually let the IT get a bit hotter than I had planned because we had some company. Not a problem. The corn husks kept most of the juice inside the husk so the meat didn't dry out. When I started to take the husks off the grill, I noticed that each husk had quite a lot of juice that I had to drain off onto the hot grill. I opened one to sample it after I brought them inside. It ended up being a nice additional appetizer before dinner. Each sausage will be vacuum sealed soon and put in the freezer (at least those that don't get eaten first). Here are a few photos.

IMG_6579.jpg

Beef SS reading for the “husk”.
IMG_6584.jpg

Beef SS in the husk, ready for the MAK.
IMG_6589.jpg

Beef SS in the MAK smoker.
IMG_6597.jpg

Beef SS out of the husk.

nepas

Those are killer ART

I made some mini corn husk wrapped pepperoni's to take hunting this past season.

Top Bottom