New accessories

383inTheD

I picked up a couple of new accessories this weekend and thought I'd share my experience.

First, recalling some recent posts and watching a few of BP's video's, I remembered that my Foodsaver unit has a vacuum pump on it and they sell an accessory for marinating. So, I figured why not give it a try. It's only a $20 investment. At this point, I'm not ready to invest in the Marinade Express as I am going to make an purchase of pellets.

Here I am preparing some fish (Cobia) for a nice marinade.

Food2011-06-12006.jpg

More on the actual meal elsewhere, but in summary, the unit seemed to really work well for doing the intended job. Unfortunately, it is made in China and you have no choice with this company.

I also used this unit to try a wet marinade for venison jerky (I always used a dry rub) so this was a good test for me. The flavor seemed to be well presented in the jerky. Overall, I am happy with this for the intended use and capacity.

Next, I picked up a vegetable grilling skillet. Thought this would be good for making fajita's and similar sides. I used it to make up some peppers and onions and it worked well. After one use, pretty happy with the $7 investment but again it's made in China.

Food2011-06-12018.jpg

Has anyone found any interesting uses for either of these type of products?

Top Bottom