new to pellet smoking and need help!

brian

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the pellet world and am thinking about buying a pellet grill any recommendations as far as what brand and model to purchase and in your experience how does this compare to wood or charcoal grilling?

Thanks
Brian

Rip

Welcome to the forum Brian....your question is a little open ended... :). I recommend you research what is available and what it costs. Then determine what appeals to you and your budget. The sponsor of this forum, BigPoppaSmokers.com, carries the best USA made models. I would start there. There have been many comparative threads recently, use the search function or just look for interesting titles.

Give us a little more data about what you want to do with your cooker and any budget limitations and you will get more specific recommendations.

Take your time and enjoy the journey!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yeah you are on the right track...just a little more info and what you want to do and you will be dogpiled with suggestions!

brian

Well Im thinking about either the mak 2 star or a memphis pro. I live in a colder environment and the double insulated lid is appealing on the MP and the higher temp. would be nice for searing steaks and having a built in unit would fit in my outdoor kitchen plans. But the Mak 2 star looks nice I really like the off set smoker,and the temp control looks better and I think the firezone on the mak would solve my searing needs, but am unsure about that? Originally I had thought about the kalamazoo Hybrid, but at the end of the day I could not justify spending that type of money on a grill. I am a cooking and BBQ enthusiast and until recently had 4 cooking devices ( the wife made me down size to 2 units). I like the mak 2 star for the grilling and smoking features, but am afraid of not being about to sear , but worst case I could always do a built in grill/ wok station in the island. Thanks for the advise !

@ CarterQ is you hasty bake a charcoal unit and do you use it much with the mak 2 star?

sparky

put grill grates on a mak and you can sear anything. it gets cold up here in winter and #336 had no problems at all. pissss, get one of the ones i use. look below.

SisInLaw

As the foremost expert here on this forum I believe I speak for us all when I say: get a pellet smoker.

Thanks and welcome.

Top Bottom