Fathers Day!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yipee us fathers get a day! I get to cook for two out of three kids...Cant wait!

what are you kids up to? Any neat plans?

sparky

Hanging out by the pool w/ adult beverages listening to music while watching my maks smoke. I am hoping for fish, pig candy and abt's. all 3 kids are coming w/ my grandson. should be alot of fun. i told my kids that each of them can pick a mak and cook stuff on them. i'm using the weber. and i got the next two days off for vacation. 4 day weekend for old spark. need some me time. laying in my floaty thinging by the pool w/ a ice chest of FTs. don't bother me, i am on holiday (its a european thing, lol). :cool:

Last edited:

Buffalotom

Cooking for my kids. Buffalo Prime Rib with smoked steakhouse mushrooms, baked potatoes, and margarita's. Pure heaven!

5 Hole

I'll be celebrating my first father's day with my son Jack, cooking pork and brisket on the PR 36! Stogie in hand! It's never to early to start the boy on cigars!!!

Rip

No real plan...well ok, the Sparky plan will be in affect: hang by the pool, cold ones, smoker going....might get back to my dessert experimentation project.

Deb

I think I"ll be watching Kevin cook for his dad.

For my dad - I baked (no pellets) a box full of biscotti and it's on the front porch waiting for the UPS man to pick it up.

HogSmoker

Will be my first Fathers day without my father who passed away last Sept miss him so much ! My son has already given me my FDP last weekend took me to the St. Jude Fedx golf tournament we had a great time.
Was hoping for a MAK lol but as my grandson says " not today maybe some day " :)

ACW3

I am still awaiting instructions from the Boss on what I should cook for Father's Day. I like Sparky's approach. A little FT (well, maybe a lot) and something smoking on the MAK. I am sure I will get my marching orders, soon, I hope. If she leaves it to me, I may just have to improvise, adapt, and overcome. I know I will like whatever I cook.

Art

TentHunter

It's been so busy around here I just today realized that this Sunday is even Fathers Day! The wife has Sunday off work (Yippee). Hopefully it'll be a great day to come home from church & relax with the family around the grill.

383inTheD

Taking my girls on a week vacation adventure around Lake Michigan. Start by visiting a college friend in Chicago, then off to Wisconsin Dells for a few days. Then head northeast through Green Bay, fishing in the UP and the lakeshore of the Upper Peninsula until we cross the mighty Mackinac.

BBQ Joe

If the weather cooperates it will be ribs cooking on the MAK while I am out on the boat getting some sun and having a few adult beverages. If the weather does not cooperate, ribs cooking while I watch some golf. Then a great dinner with my wife and the dog she considers our kid.

bsotoy

Going to the house at the coast to fish with my youngest son and wife, it's been two years since fished w/him. Can't wait to try some fresh sea trout,flounder or redfish on the smoker. My Laotian neighbor says she can help... that means fish and sticky rice w/fish sauce, my favorite.

Top Bottom