Auger Jam

Mr Hickory

Well, had my first experience clearing an auger jam this evening. Thing was stuck so bad I had to run the motor as I pulled it out so it would unscrew itself from the jam.

I have no idea what caused it, I always use pellets, nothing funny in there, but boy was that thing stuck. It jammed up in the middle of a cook a few days ago with a horrible "bang". Fortunately it wasn't anything important, I was just making bacon for my wifes salad during the week, but boy was that a horrible noise.

Chalk that one up to experience I guess.

Mr Hickory

Pellets are BBQ Delight, Oak. I have no idea how moisture would have been in there since it happened after the thing had been running for a solid 3 hours. Hopper was dry as well. Doesn't really matter much in the end, no harm, no foul. Now I know how to get the auger out, so it was a learning experience.

Just thankful the motor didn't burn out. The pellet boss obviously has a protection program in it because the buzz of the motor stops within a half second when it detects a jam. Another one of those nice MAK features.

Mr Hickory

That is good to know, especially for those who are trying to make a decision as to which grill to purchase! :)

MAK baby...it might seem difficult to decide on specs alone, but once you use one the questions or even any doubt you might have had will be gone....Between the Boss and the build quality, you just won't beat it.

Top Bottom