Smoked Glazed Peaches

CarterQ

One of my goals this summer is to try as many recipes using fresh California fruit as i can. Gave this one a whirl tonight-

Start out with this, the key ingredients being fresh peaches and blueberries (both picked yesterday)

7f7e0f11.jpg

Halve the peaches and remove the pit, place them face down in a pan with butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.

bafc560d.jpg

Onto the MAK @375 to cook for about 15 minutes

b1e06343.jpg

Turn a few times during cooking to coat the peaches

ef29b24b.jpg

All done

7c9c1b40.jpg

For the sauce, take some lemon curd and add heavy cream until a thick sauce consistency is achieved

8fc1a8f3.jpg

c43f8b12.jpg

Quarter the peach halves in the pan

862ae975.jpg

Serve the slices topped with the lemon curd sauce and blueberries

9f57a6a4.jpg

This came out a great, loved the lemon contrast with the sweet peaches. The key with this recipe is using sweet ripe peaches.

cowgirl

Wow Carter.. it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I hope to try it when the peaches are ripe! :)

sparky

i'm going to the farmers market this weekend and make this. it looks so good carter. 2 thumbs up garth. ;) i am thinking about maybe some jim beam in it would be nice. :cool:

CarterQ

Thanks everyone! The key here is to find good sweet peaches that are ripe (just starting to have some give when squeezed)

That looks really good. Where do you get lemon curd? I've never seen it in any stores before.

Usually you will find it next to the jams and jellies at the supermarket.

TentHunter

That looks so delicious; I love smoked peaches!

i am thinking about maybe some jim beam in it would be nice. :cool:

Definitely give the Jim Beam a try Spark!

Remember that fruit compote I did a couple weeks ago with the California peaches? I used a little Kentucky Bourbon in that and it was so good! And peaches take on a light smoke so well too!

Top Bottom