Father's Day Feast

Rip

The Plan: Hang by the pool, drink cold ones, keep the smoker running.

A little brunch to get things started. You can put just about anything you want into the eggs. Today was just smoked sausage, onions, and a little seasoning.
IMG_2347sm.jpg

On to the MAK @300 for about an hour, cheese was added towards the end.
IMG_2349sm.jpg

This was a great way to get started! The eggs were very moist, all infused with pepper goodness.
IMG_2353sm.jpg

I had already prepped a couple of chickens. EVOO, Desert Gold, & Little Louis for rub. Also made a mix of the above and injected all over under the skin. On to the MAK at 275.
IMG_2354sm.jpg

At 145IT, the heat was cranked to 400. I let the Pellet Boss handle this while I worked on the pool and cold one thingie. The chickens were pulled at 165IT.
IMG_2355sm.jpg

Meanwhile some leftover brisket was simmering covered on the MAK with a little broth and onions. This was pulled and into the warming drawer before the heat went up to 400 on the chickens.
IMG_2358sm.jpg

Some sweet corn was grilled while the chicken rested. Earlier I had blistered some jalapenos and made jalapeno butter for the corn.

Chicken, brisket fajitas, sweet corn, fresh fruit, oh we had homemade cole slaw too, that will have to go on the next plate!
IMG_2360sm.jpg

While everybody dug in peach & blueberry cobbler was put on the smoker at 325 until nice and golden.
IMG_2363sm.jpg

As usual, this was extremely tasty.
IMG_2367sm.jpg

Niece tested and approved! It was a great day!
IMG_2364sm.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom