Desert Gold Whiskey Crowned Pork on the Drum

cowgirl

I have no idea what to call this. It was one of those "I don't have time to cook" meals.

I sprinkled some pork with Big Poppas Desert Gold, added one cup of Crown and one cup of water to the cast iron pot...

002-1.jpg

topped with onions and minced garlic then placed in my drum with some hickory...

005-2-1.jpg

016-1-1.jpg

slow simmered for 3 hours covered with foil...

018-2-1.jpg

then removed the foil to let the meat roast until tender...

035-2-1.jpg

I wanted a quick side dish so I made some couscous.
Drizzled it with the Desert Gold, Crown infused broth...

052-2-1-1.jpg

054-1-1.jpg

It was pretty tasty! The sip of crown on the side absolutely melted me. lol I'm not a heavy drinker.

055-2-1-1.jpg

042-1-1.jpg

I'll definately make it again.
Thanks for looking!

CarterQ

Another great looking meal there Jeanie, that pork looks beautiful! The Desert gold is killer, definitely one of my favorite rubs.

TentHunter

Mmmm... Simple braised pork goodness. How could you not like that?

Jeanie you're the one who needs to be crowned... "Queen of the Q"!

Last edited:

383inTheD

Just wondering how the cup of Crown in the pot contributed to flavor of the dish. It certainly looks very good. I personally would have a hard time parting with the Crown from my glass.

Rip

Just wondering how the cup of Crown in the pot contributed to flavor of the dish. It certainly looks very good. I personally would have a hard time parting with the Crown from my glass.

i hear that! I love homemade JD BBQ sauce....but man it's hard to pour two cups of Jack into a sauce that lasts for one cook!

Top Bottom