Who says you can't

Chuckster

enjoy a warm meal on a HOT day (105 today) in a cool house? I have an obsession with BBQ's and it sure pays off in this heat wave. Decided to make some hot wings and legs.

I went to Lowes and bought the last 4 wing/leg racks they had. Marinated the legs/wings in "first street" buffalo style sauce for 3 hours. Cooked them on the pellet bbq for 1 1/2 hrs @ 325.

Got some red potatoes and a stockton red onion and bell pepper from a friends garden. Combined all that along with some mild peppers and cilantro and left over green beans. Cooked it in the regular (gas) bbq (indirect heat) for 2 hrs @ 350, taking the foil off at 1 1/2 hrs.
DSC00004.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

TentHunter

It all looks good. I see Patrick_CT's post inspired you to get some of the leg/wing racks. After seeing your post I may have to go pickup a set or two. I like the way the legs & wings look and the taters, onions & peppers too.

Great job!

Techy

Yea, just checked my Lowes and they have them in stock. Will be picking those up today, great idea. Did you start them out at a lower setting to smoke them a bit or did you go right for the 325 and what pellets did you use?

Thanks,

-Bob

Chuckster

I went straight to the 325 as I was doing other things too..Lots of times I will be cooking and working on someones car at the same time..My wife has called me the master at multitasking, and a Workoholic..But I'm retired ( I thought)..

CarterQ

Looking good there, that potato dish looks great. We don't even touch the oven on those hot summer days, the MAK takes care of it!

Top Bottom