What is your go to dish?

Big Poppa

Administrator
You know the one that you know will be fail safe and people will rave....

Mine is probably prime rib......

SmokeAndSpice

Mine might be southwestern ravioli-- pasta made with half whole wheat flour filled with smoked chicken, queso fresco, serranos, green onion and cilantro, topped with a cumin tomato cream sauce and queso blanco.

If I'm running the smoker and have extra space I throw on some boneless skinless chicken thighs and use them later in all sorts of dishes-- ravioli, pizza, tacos, pasta, soup...

Last edited:

TentHunter

For large crowds: I'd have to say its probably a toss up between Pulled Pork served with homemade BBQ Sauce and my Lemon Lime chicken wings. Both always seems to be a hit.

For smaller crowds: I'd have to say Ribs.

For B-Day parties, etc.:
Lemon Lime Chicken wings (my kids always request them) and BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders: Hot-smoked on Cookies sheets, NO flipping needed! Slice up and serve on slider or mini dinner rolls. These are always a big hit. What's best is they are cheap & EASY!

sliders6.JPG

HogSmoker

BQ Chicken quarters or the drum-stcks.
Still amazed seeing all the good stuff people put in here some very tasty looking foods.

CarterQ

Tri tips, spatchcock chicken, and ribs for the casual get togethers, for the nicer crowds prime rib always gets a thumbs up.

Rip

Absolute failsafe, spatchcock chicken. But I'm very comfortable with Tri-tip and pulled pork.

Dano11

I am famous for my ribs, charcoal grilled. I just did them on my smoker and they said they didn't think they could get better. :)

I also have a great recipenforncheese onion potatoes that are a meal in themselves, now I need to try them on my smoker.

Dan

Hey tent hunter is your lemon/lime chicken wing recipe on the site somewhere? I wouldmlove to trynit.

Thanks.

Dan

HoDeDo

My "go to" has to be Spedini. Chicken or Beef, everyone loves it, and it goes with so many different sides.... that you have a hard time time not making it fit into a meal. And it does sizzle nicely, and who doesnt love meat on a stick? :) Nice show on the grill if you are trying to generate a little buzz outside!

Top Bottom