That wasn't an easy decision...

Elderberry

Well, after a month of lurking at Pelletsmoking & Big Poppa's, over at Pelletheads and Meathead's place too, then agonizing back and forth between Mak and Memphis, filling and emptying BP's shopping cart with 1 stars, 2 stars, Selects, Advantages & Pro's, along with various other goodies, I finally realized this could go on forever and it was time to quit agonizing and just make a decision. So I did. Now the waiting begins. I always hate that part.

Anyway, this is a fantastic site (Thanks BP..!!) and I've already spent hours reading some great threads from all of you so I figured it was time to quit lurking and get in the pool. I'll answer to about anything but Jim or JJ work ok...

Oh... Jessie says the 2 star and all the goodies should ship Wednesday... :D

Elderberry

Thanks, Jeanie. That's a fantastic blog you have. You are the only person that I know of who has their own shrimp farm...!!! And they look delicious too....

squirtthecat

We're slowly growing Pellet Burners in Central IL. Chili Head is over in St Joseph, and Smoke & Spice is in Chambana. I work in Springfield and live about 30 minutes South.

Last edited:

Elderberry

We're slowly growing Pellet Burners in Central IL. Chili Head is over in St Joseph, and Smoke & Spice is in Chambana. I work in Springfield and live about 30 minutes South.

There must be a few in my area -- there is a CS/Louisiana dealer in Peoria, although everything he stocks is charcoal or gas -- but I've yet to see or hear of anyone around here that has one. I'm making a leap of faith here based entirely on what I've seen on the web...

jimsbarbecue

One of the nice things about ordering from BP is he only sells stuff he would have or use. Which makes it hard and easy to decide. Great choices and whatever you end up with it will bring you success in your BBQ cooking. We have a MAK and have been real happy, So you should enjoy yours.

Rip

Congrats and welcome to the forum! All of the cookers on your short list would have been great. You are going to love your MAK2 and as you already know, doing business with BP....it's all good!

Elderberry

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks... This place rocks. I spent many hours looking at all the great cooks you guys & gals are doing and knew I wanted in. BP's videos helped a lot with the choice of unit too. I think Sparky's ribs finally pushed me over the edge...!!!

Over the years I've messed around some with a WSM and I also morphed an old gas grill into a pretty workable sidebox but I think I made as much creasote as anything else. I occasionally fire up the Weber kettle & smokenator but that just isn't the solution for me and my gas grill produces -- uhh -- predictable results but so does the kitchen stove. Pellet grills just seem to make a lot of sense and I'm really looking forward to learning what I can.

JJ..

Top Bottom