Finally I'm a pellet smoker. :)

John P

Hi all. John P here. Yesterday I took the plunge and invested in a pellet smoker. The Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone to be exact.

I've been smoking for years on an offset smoker. Chargriller, cheapie with the offset firebox attachment. What I call my "training smoker". Works great for what pay but doesn't last long due to the thin gauge metal on th firebox. Will eventually warp from the intense heat and hard to control the airflow. But you learn a lot from the couple years of good use you get out of it.

But now I'm a proud owner of a GMG-DB. Looking forward to reading up and hearing from the seasoned pellet veterans (no pun intended) on this forum and learning as much as I can on techniques and things.

Happy Smoking!!!

John P

Dano11

Welcome John,

I just recently joined here also. The members are very helpful with a wealth of knowledge. The search function here has help me immensely. Well, welcome aboard and have fun Smoking!

Dan

Traeger Texas Grill
Weber
Old smoker called "the still" (2) 55 gallon drums 1 Vertical & 1 Horizontal.

CarterQ

Welcome aboard John! Great group here to share and learn from. Look forward to hearing about your pellet smoking adventures!

Top Bottom