Bourbon Pecan Cheesecake with Oreo Crust

Deb

IMG_0502.jpg

Before you start:
- Preheat pellet grill or oven to 350 degrees
- Wrap foil on bottom and up the sides of a of 9” spring-form pan (outside of pan). This is to keep water from getting inside pan while in water bath.
- Butter the bottom & insides of pan

Crust:
12 oz oreos
4 oz melted butter
Throw in food processor until finely ground
Spread in 9” cheesecake pan on bottom & about ½ way up sides

Filling:
24 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 large eggs
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 tablespoons bourbon
Pecans for the top

Place 8 oz of cream cheese in mixer bowl with 1/3 of sugar & cornstarch - mix until smooth & creamy. Add another 8 oz cream cheese & beat until smooth, then add remaining cream cheese beating until smooth. Scrape with spatula often. Then mix in the rest of the sugar , bourbon & vanilla. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one. Add the heavy cream and mix just until smooth (do not over mix)
Pour batter into the prepared crust. Place the pecans on the top

Place in pan big enough to hold spring-form pan – I use a roasting pan. Pour boiling water in the roasting pan to come up about ½ way up the spring-form pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes until the top just barely jiggles (It took about 20 minutes longer in the Traeger due to temperature fluctuations). Carefully take pan out of water-bath and put on cooling rack. Let cool for 2 hours in pan. After 2 hours put in fridge until totally chilled (I usually do a night or two ahead).

Caramel, bourbon, pecan topping (no pictures):

Jar of caramel ice cream topping (I used Mrs. Richardsons caramel butterscotch , I think it’s probably 20 oz jar)
2 Tablespoons bourbon (or enough to thin it out enough to be able to spoon over cheesecake)
Chopped pecans (I used smoked pecans)

Mix all together . Serve over chilled cheesecake slices.

some of the ingredients :

photo-3-1.jpg

prepping the pecans
IMG_0489.jpg

the crust & foil wrapped pan
IMG_0488.jpg

the batter in the pan
IMG_0491.jpg

in the Traeger ;D
IMG_0497.jpg

sparky

i was waiting for you to post this. it will be made for our 4th, that's for sure. nice, i mean really nice deb. outstanding job girlfriend. :) :) :)

ACW3

Pictures just don't do this creation justice. I am looking forward to Sparky's comments after he makes it and eats some.

Art

Top Bottom