Rack Chicken

bflodan

Just saw a recent post that used a chicken rack...Did some digging through the bbq utensil cupboard and found the one I bought quite a few years back... I used it on my gasser at the time and didnt think it was anything special..Had to try it on the MAK and it was worth it...Came out great!! Skin was nice and crisp and moist inside...I gotta grab another one of these racks! Just a little garlic evoo and some Desert Gold
001-7.jpg

Onto the MAK at 345
002-5.jpg

After about an hour up to 385 and basted some hot sauce..
003-8.jpg

005-8.jpg

Pulled after about 10 min....The plain legs where for my Son and Wife....Not big spice fans..
006-10.jpg

Just like Home!!!
007-7.jpg

Rip

Great looking wings Dan! How's the crisper skin experiments comin? I'm getting closer, it will never equal high heat deep fried...but the taste is awesome.

bflodan

Thanks everyone...I agree with ya Rip, being a Buffalo native nothing can compare to a good deep fried wing, but my MAK makes them alot crispier than I thought I could acheive, probably alot more healthier too!!

sparky

your chicken looks real good partner. i got to get one of those chicken holders. heh, couldn't ya hang sausage on them? wheels are turning? yo, rick send me some sausage partner. ;)

CarterQ

Nice looking yard bird there Dan! I love doing buffalo wings on the smoker, deep fried is good too but to me the flavor profile is so much better with the smoker. I'll smoke for a little while and then finish them off on high heat to crisp up the skin.

Top Bottom