Surf and Turf

bflodan

Cooked this on Friday because of a crazy 4th of July weekend planned...Wasnt sure if I was going to get to fire up the MAK at all...Did some Grilled Prawns with a Citrus Garlic Butter and a Garlic and Herb marinated Tri Tip...I have a great seafood connection here who got me some fresh Santa Barbara Spot Prawns... I did not expect that they would still be alive, I guess thats pretty fresh...

127-1.jpg

Made a Citrus Garlic Butter with unsalted butter, fresh garlic, lemon/orange/lime zest and a couple Thai Chilis for a little heat..
132-1.jpg

Had the Prawns sitting in a little Grapeseed Oil and a touch of Sugar, then added half the butter mixture..
131-1.jpg

Made a herb and garlic marinade and dropped a tri tip in for about 6hrs... Dusted with some Desert Gold and Little Louies onto the mak at 250..
126-1.jpg

When the Tip hit 128 into the warming box and cranked up the MAK then seared for about 3min per side..Let reset under foil for about 20min
137-1.jpg

Had my Weber Loaded with some Lump and Hickory Pellets...Threw the Prawns on and covered...Only took a few minutes per side..
134-1.jpg

136-1.jpg

Sliced the Tri Tip and then plated with Bread and a Salad...
139-1.jpg

141.jpg

Delicious!!

Last edited:

CarterQ

Awesome looking meal there Dan! Love those prawns, you know they are fresh when you have to herd them onto the grill!

bflodan

I was afraid they would be bouncing off the lid!!! I think they where pretty much done by dinner time though..

Rip

Yeah, not everyday you need a containment fence for your grill grate... :) great looking meal Dan!

Top Bottom