smoked/broiled true cod with curry sauce + prime rib

shelly

Tired of July 4th weekend leftovers.

Having had a restaurant for many years back in the day, it is not necessary for anyone who eats at our home to have the same meal as each other. I can easily cook separately to specific tastes, likes, allergies et al. What counts is that we eat together.

I usually prepare a different dinner for my wife who is more of a fish and tofu person with occasional poultry but, of all surprises, she can't resist any of my ribs.

I smoked a nearly 4 lb. prime rib at 225° for 3 hours to an internal temperature of 131°. It rose to 136° during the rest. The roast had an agave glue and my usual multi purpose rub and was in the refrigerator for 3 days before I got around to this cook.

Just before it finished, I put a piece of fresh true cod (for my wife who does not eat beef), which had my rub on it, on the DB at the same 225° (the DB pit was 245° by this time). I took it off after an hour as it was basically done but I also put it under the broiler for a few minutes to crust the top.

I made a curry sauce with sauteed onion and apple, broth, curry powder, a touch of agave syrup and an arrowroot slurry.

Roasted sweet potatoes, my canned plapplesauce (plum + apple), creamy cole slaw and grilled Romanesque zucchini, our favorite vegetable. I added some of my garlic dill pickle slices to my beef plate.

Shelly

On the Daniel Boone:

P1010422.jpg

Alice's dinner plate of the cod with curry sauce et al.

P1010426_2.jpg

And my prime rib plate.

P1010427.jpg

CarterQ

Man a man Shelly! I'm with Scooter i'll take it all. Thank you for sharing your great food and the photos of it, you are extremely talented in both departments!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Shelly Im with you on the prime rib cook....I think that searing takes away from the different smoke based flavor crusts you can create.

Top Bottom