Zesty Lemon-Lime Wings

TentHunter

This is for Dano11 :)

Lemon-Lime Chicken Wings

Ever have one of those Make-Do Dishes, when you had to make do with ingredients you had on hand... and it turned out fantastic? This is one of those.

While camping we wanted to grill some chicken but forgot Italian dressing/marinade. What we had was a couple limes, lemon juice, sugar, oil, red pepper flakes, salt & garlic. So, I made a lemon-lime vinaigrette.

The result was instantly loved by everyone & now it's a regular at our house.

Obviously these can be done over charcoal or a very hot pellet grill.

This is enough for 24 wings (drummettes & flats).

Lemon-Lime marinade:
3/4 cup Lemon Juice
3/4 cup Lime Juice
3/4 cup Sugar
1/3 - 1/2 cup Mild Olive or other mild flavored oil (EVOO is too strong for this recipe)
3/4 tsp. Salt
3/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
3/4 tsp. Granulated Garlic or 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
LLwangs1.jpg

Reserve half of the marinade and pour the rest over the wings in a bag or container. Toss to be sure the wings are coated. Seal & place in the fridge for a couple hours (or even overnight).
LLwangs2.jpg

Crank the pellet grill up on high, or use charcoal and give a quick sear over high heat. IMPORTANT! Be sure to enjoy the the intoxicating smell of the lime juice as it steams up and wafts through the air!
LLwangs3.jpg

Place the seared wings into a pan with the reserved marinade...
LLwangs4.jpg

Roast @ 350-375° (indirect) in the pan for about 45 minutes , turning/basting the wings with the marinade occasionally.
LLwangs5.jpg

Smoky sweet with a citrusy lime zest, they smell as good as they taste!
LLwangs6.jpg

Hope you Enjoy!

Last edited:

Dano11

Tent,

Thanks for the recipe! I know what I'm doing this weekend, :). This looks absolutely delicious. I will let you know how they turn out, with pictures of course.

Thank you so much!

Dano

Top Bottom