#524's 1st Ribs...

Elderberry

Well, today was the day. It was supposed to be yesterday but I had to take a motorcycle out to the dealer to drop it off for service. Ended up trading it on a new one... This is exactly how I got banned from taking my truck for oil changes by myself... :D

These ribs best be a winner. I need the points right now.... Especially since I finally fessed up to the size of my smoker investment. She was starting to thing Big Poppa's was a new investment house...!!! I told her it was but they traded in something far better than securities....

IMG1301-M.jpg

Okay. Looks like I got everything here. Membrane is pulled and ribs are toweled dry. Not that my ribs will look like Sparky's but leaving nothing to chance I even bought some Fat Tire...

IMG1302-M.jpg

Little glue, sprinkle or two of Penzey's Galena Street, some Famous Dave's and BP's Little Louie's.. Locked it down with a bit of Pam and ready to go.

IMG1304-M.jpg

The assistant cook is on duty and ready to provide emergency response for any spills...

IMG1307-M.jpg

Off and running... Puffing along at 225 on BBQ'rs Delight hickory... This really needs to be a success. Between a new MAK and a new Harley the ice i'm standing on is getting a little thin. This would be a good time for a home run. Trouble is I never was a clutch hitter. In fact, I couldn't much hit at all. Or even play baseball for that matter....

IMG1309-M.jpg

Pumps some nice smoke, doesn't it..??

IMG1310-M.jpg

About an hour and a half in and hitting them with some Apple Juice/vinegar. They look pretty nice. Between all the smoke and a really bright sun the picture is washed out, which I guess puts my photography skills on par with my baseball talents...

IMG1311-M.jpg

Okay, 3 hours 15 minutes at 225 then 1/2 hour in the foil. Then put the MAK on high and hit them with brown sugar & honey and then sauced and caramelized for a while. Total cook time was 4.5 hours...

IMG1314-M.jpg

Pretty much speaks for itself and the credit goes to MAK...

IMG1315-M.jpg

Ribs, jacket potato (as my friends in Britain would say), slaw, fresh baked French baguette and some purchased coconut creme pie... (I baked the bread in the oven, not the grill. And I didn't make the bread, I just put it in some warm and friendly surroundings...) I had fun but now it's time to eat.. Bon appetite...!!!!

sparky

looks good from here partner. i'd put a sparky stamp on those little loveys. 2 thumbs up garth!!! :cool:

Elderberry

Looks great! Love the back story (spill story posted elsewhere). :)

It's kinda funny now but I was hopping around trying to keep the dog out of the grease and not get in it myself and grab the foil at the same time as the wind kept blowing it away. I think my neighbors are finding my new grill amusing...!!

Elderberry

Thanks for all the nice comments, folks... It actually went like I knew what I was doing but I just tried to emulate the things I see in your posts. BP is right -- it's all in the details -- get that part right and the MAK will deliver the rest... I learned a lot just in that one cook...

Top Bottom