Ribs 3 ways today

Today was better than yesterday. I tried ribs 3 ways, using some of the new rubs and sauces.
IMG_2994.jpg

First, used FM as glue and dusted two with LL w/ Pepper and one with MAK Sweet Rub.
IMG_2982.jpg

On to the MAK at 250°F. Pulled one of LL w/pep racks after a few hrs for some FL.
IMG_2990.jpg

Removed foil after an hour and back on the MAK for an hour or so. With 30 minutes to go, put Big Bob Gibsons on the other rack that had LL w/pep and MAK Honey Bourbon sauce on the rack with MAK Sweet Rub.
IMG_2995.jpg

Overcooked a little bit again tonight, but they were all great! The family loved them and my wife said I can keep the MAK :cool:
IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

Looking forward to next weekend already!

cowdog

I'm new to the pellet and smoking world, but those are great looking ribs. However, what are FM, LL, and FL? Is there a Pellethead to English dictionary anywhere that I can follow until I get used to the lingo?

CarterQ

FL = Foil Love
LL = Little Louies (One of Big Poppa's lines of spices)
FM = French's Mustard
FT = Fat Tire (Helps with Sparky's posts)

Hope that helps

Rip

Learn as you go, FL = foil love, wrapping meat with foil, often two layers, and then cooking some more...FL can also refer to the ingredients added to the foil (liquids, butter, brown sugar, etc). FM=frenches mustard, often used as a glue/solvent to assist absorption of spices into the meat. LL=Little Louies (an excellent seasoning from BigPoppaSmokers.com, sponsor of this forum)

Haha, Carter beat me to it. (should've skipped the details :) )

Patrick_CT

Looking good! i still need to do ribs with FL... i am just a little scared of the brown sugar making them too sweet.

SisInLaw

Good lookin' ribs, there! I love them all ways and when I smoke them everybody grabs them first. The rave reviews make them so worth while.

cowdog

Thank you all for your patience and explanations. I may be a newbie for a while, but this is a great resource for getting me on my feet.

Top Bottom