#336 got a boo boo

sparky

well, i figured out that i am not as strong as i thought i was. i was trying to put #336 in the back of my truck by myself. it's heavy. i opened my tail gate and put the back of #336 right next to it. i then picked up the two front legs thinking i would just pick up the front and lay her on her back. welp, that didn't happen. when i picked up the legs her rounded backside when up against the tailgate and slit right off. smack. i just dropped my baby on the hard cement. nooooooo. i think i cried a little. well, i put a block of wood next to the wheels and gave her a heave ho. up she came.

P7090122.jpg

P7090125.jpg

well, put her in the back yard and took the weber to a function i had to cook at that day (i cooked for "hands across american", i made $374 for the flood ppl back east)

so, whats the first thing i should do after i dropped my baby straight on her back after a 3 1/2 foot drop.

clean her drip bucket. let #336 know i still love her and am sorry.

P7090151.jpg

i gave her a big kiss on her shiney lid.

P7090137.jpg

filled her hopper up with a mixture of cherry / apple / hickory. she likes a full hopper.

P7090135.jpg

then i fired #336 up. i was worried about maybe i screwed my pellet boss up.

ya, ya, ya. i heard the little tink tink of the pellets hitting the fire pot.

P7090146.jpg

i was so happy. so i got a FT and a bottle of water. i drank the FT and then poured a bottle of water on the hood of #336. don't like to drink alone and #336 deserved a cold one. all is well in sparky land.

P7090161.jpg

well, the moral of are story is don't let some 55 yr old guy pick up your mak by himself. for one thing, he isn't that strong and 2nd thing is he isn't that smart either.

P7090134.jpg

i will say one thing. maks can take a beating. heh, where were you when i needed a hand.

P7080088.jpg

the end.

Last edited:

CarterQ

Glad to hear she's alright, might take a few more loads of pellets to get back on her good side though!

Rip

Great story Spark, glad she's ok, just has a little more character now! :cool: I bet you were sick!

MAK DADDY

Ouch! I dropped mine off the deck steps once, not a one person job for sure...
Glad it all worked out, your tank has some battle scars now :)
I have some touch up paint if you want it.

Elderberry

I hate it when I do something like that and it falls apart on me. It's one of those "OH NO" moments....

But I'm just glad you are ok. The rest of it can be fixed but knitting bones back together ain't a recreational activity....

EDIT: ps. Your dog looks a bit peeved with you... :D

sparky

thanks for all your kind thoughts about my baby. #336 are going to keep the scratches. just like bob said, battle scars. its all good. #336 gets no FT. you crazy man. marley the dog just woke up right before the picture.

TentHunter

Man, I was sitting on the edge of my chair reading that story!

I'm just glad you and #336 are both ok and I bet she still cooks up ribs just fine! :cool:

Mr Hickory

It's just a war wound....Put some bacon grease on it and call it a day.:)

Glad it's ok though. Banged mine with a steel patio chair several months ago.

Top Bottom