Brisket chili

sparky

well, i wanted to cook a brisket but wanted to try something new. brisket chili

it starts like this.

a little CT and some Texas brisket rub.

P7090184.jpg

P7090189.jpg

onto #336. lately been playing w/ my pellet boss (that didn't sound good). so i programmed the pellet boss to smoke for 2 hours and then go to 225º.

P7090194.jpg

had a night cap before i went to bed. decided to check on my baby.

P7090196.jpg

next morning. looking good cisco....

P7100198.jpg

brisket went to 195º and FTC.

and the story continues.

cut up brisket, onions, 2 types of beans, butter, oil, tomato sauce, juice from brisket and some soileau's chili mix.

P7100235.jpg

mixed it up. looks good.

P7100237.jpg

back on the mak.

P7100242.jpg

cooked @ 325º for a hour or so. make some corn bread w/ corn to go with it.

P7100251.jpg

it was way to hot for me to eat. i did eat a bowl of it though and paided dearly today for it. my son came over at dinner time and loved it. he took it home for himself and his girlfriend. she (the vege girl) loved it too. it was the 1st time she had any beef in 10 years.

Last edited:

Rip

Looks pretty tasty. Looks like I'm going to have to try some of the Soileau's spice mixes.

ACW3

Sparky,
Was the ratio one bowl, one FT, or one bowl, 2 FT's? I have some of that same chili mix. I will have to make some when my son is around. He loves hot anything.

Art

shelly

There's lots of pulled pork chili out there but not enough of the brisket chili.

I can taste it from here. It's a winner.

Shelly

squirtthecat

Oh yeah, that chili mix is killer hot. I use 1 packet for every gallon+ of chili. Even then it is hottttttttttt......

I met Avery Soileau and his wife for lunch a couple weeks ago - they were in town stocking some of the local stores. Real nice folk!

Top Bottom