Bacon today...

Elderberry

IMG1317-M.jpg

BLT's tonight. They were delicious even though a few strips were overdone. I did 275 for 45 minutes. Next time (when I have more time) I'm going to do it on smoke only.

Oh... And I did some fruit for desert....

IMG1319-M.jpg

Pineapple makes a nice desert...!!! Okay. I really just couldn't wait any longer to do a pizza and the grill was already running ---- so ---- I bumped the heat up to 375 and gave it 16 minutes just like the box said. It was a fresh prepared but not cooked pizza. We both had a very small slice along with our BLT's just for a "taste test". It was good but could have came off the cooker a couple minutes earlier...

I haven't been anticipating how the MAK cooks food a little quicker than I was expecting. I think I need to quit thinking of it as a "pellet grill" and start thinking of it as a "pellet convection oven" that also smokes and grills in addition to baking. Just like the convection oven in our kitchen, it uses less heat and cooks a little faster. Very efficient....

Edit: Too hot for a lot of pictures tonight. Heat index today was 104 to 110 depending where in the state you were....

TentHunter

Oh man that bacon looks good on its own, but smoked pineapple is the best! I bet it was all good.

Congrats on the new cooker!

Top Bottom