Surf & Turf Fattie - Roasted Red Pepper Cornbread

TentHunter

This is "A Tale of Two Fatties"

The Cheddarwurst Fatty was such a big hit that it was requested again this weekend along with another new fattie idea I've had brewing.

I figured the classic beef & seafood combo might be pretty tasty in a fattie, so why not try it? :)

The wife sauteed up some salad shrimp into some Scampi while I flatted out 2 lbs ground chuck, hit it with some Little Louie's and a layer of softened cream cheese. I then added the shrimp scampi, & rolled it up inside a bacon weave.
STF01.JPG

I made up a packet of Sugar Maple pellets and put it in the grill along with the Surf & Turf Fattie & a Cheddarwurst Fattie (Kielbasa & Cheddar- no bacon).
STF02.JPG

We also made up a batch of Roasted Red Pepper & Bacon Corn Bread (cornbread mix, roasted red pepper, bacon, corn & a little brown sugar). It was put on the grill along with the fatties when they had roughly 30 minutes left to go.
STF03.JPG

The Fatties done...
STF04.JPG

...and sliced!
STF05.JPG

The Cornbread done and delicious!
STF07.JPG

The Surft & Turf fattie served up on some toasted buns. They were FANTASTIC!
STF07.JPG

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rip

Looks awesome Cliff, I wish I wasn't the only person in our family that likes cornbread!

shelly

Very creative.

I've never made a bacon weave. Do you lay out parallel slices of bacon and then under/over and over/under through them?

I cook and plate but don't weave so I'm asking.

Shelly

TentHunter

I've never made a bacon weave. Do you lay out parallel slices of bacon and then under/over and over/under through them?

No, doing it that way would be a messy proposition. It's actually easier than you'd think.

I think I have pics of a bacon weave being made. If not I'll shoot and post some since that'd be easier than trying to explain it.

TentHunter

so the shrimp and the beef tasted good? i am curious about the flavor profile on that one.

The flavors mingled together very well. My wife & daughter, both of whom love shrimp, really liked this a lot. If you like classic surf & turf - steak & shrimp - you'd like this. It's just all in the form of a roll.

Last edited:
Top Bottom