Memphis Smoked Prime Flat Iron Steak Tacos

Big Poppa

Administrator
Start with some avocados...Where I spend the summers is loaded with avocados...Pauma Valley California...
P1000979.jpg

HIt them with some Little Louies with Black Pepper...Another use for Little Louies Killer Guac....mash up good add a little lemon or lime juice and some chopped tomatoes and chopped sweet onion
P1000980.jpg

Mix it up real good and as Spark says...Waa Laa!
P1000981.jpg

NOw I could have just stopped there it was that good but I fired up the Memphis Advantage to 525...then I got the meat prepared

A little Annies garlic EVOO SOme Little Louies with Black Pepper and then some medium spiced fire roasted salsa that was a near puree...I rubbed in the salsa super deep...I wanted to get that flavor in the meat
P1000982.jpg

3 minutes a side then one minute a side and rest...the last minute put the tortillas directly on the Memphis they only take about 15 second each
P1000984-1.jpg

Dice the steak after you have rested it for about 10 minutes and start building your taco
P1000987.jpg

There we go some shredded cheese, chopped romaine, some diced vidallia onion, pauma valley Guacamole some more salsa and its good!
P1000988-1.jpg

Here is one of the local freeloaders Brightton digging in for the first of two!
P1000989.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

Dano11

BP,

Those looked awesome! I am literally drooling looking at the photos, I love a good taco especially with home made Guacamole. Thanks so much for posting this, I think it's going to be taco time this weekend.

Dano

Deb

I don't see flat iron steaks around here very often so i threw a couple of tri-tips on the grill the other night.

The freeloaders were provided by Kevin, they were very happy.

photo-24.jpg

Thanks BP for the inspiration

It's ugly but they were great.

Dano11

OK here is my version of Tacos:

No flat iron steak available. I had to settle for skirt steak. Not very pretty but we enjoyed them very much!

View attachment 699

I Made home made Quacamole, Grilled onions, homemade tortillas, tomatoes and onions.

View attachment 702

View attachment 703

View attachment 704
I rubbed the meat with salsa as BP did to give it a whirl. The steak was aibit over done but delicious.
View attachment 701
Unfortunetly one of my local mooches stole our leftovers for tonight. I guess they couldn't resist the smell? :p

Top Bottom