New to the site

toneil1103

Hello to all, I have a Tregger grill and love it. The one thing I am finding out is that when cooking slow for several hours my auger seems to bind up and if I am not watching my fire will go out. I bang on the side of the hopper and no problem. I am going to a BBQ Judging class this weekend and am looking forward to a great time.

Rip

Welcome to the forum. Is your auger jamming or are the pellets hanging on the slopes of the hopper? On My Traeger I had to check the hopper frequently as the pellets would hang on the slopes and not feed down to the auger.

Deb

Welcome to the forum. Is your auger jamming or are the pellets hanging on the slopes of the hopper? On My Traeger I had to check the hopper frequently as the pellets would hang on the slopes and not feed down to the auger.

that was going to be my question also. I go out and push the pellets down off the sides often on my Traeger

squirtthecat

Ditto. Make the the hopper is always full, and clean out the insides every now and then. Maybe take some Endust or Pledge to polish the sides to make the slicker. It does help..

Dano11

I also have a Traeger but I have not experienced any auger issues? I have notice as explained here that the pellets will stay to the sides and you have to ensure they are pushed from the sides. I always try to keep plenty of pellets in the hopper so this will be less of an issue during long smokes. I ordered 160lbs of BBQers delight pellets from big poppas so as not to run out! :)

Welcome aboard!

Dano

Traeger Texas Grill

toneil1103

Tregger smoker grills

Hi my name is Terry and I am a pellet smoker. I have just completed my BBQ Judging class and am a NOOB Judge. Great time and a great learning experence. as for my smoker going out. I live in Oregon and needless to say a lot of rain. My Tregger is on my deck and even though I keep it covered I am sure that when I leave some pellets in my hopper and auger the moisture affects the pellets and may be the couse of my fire dying out from time to time. I will try to make sure that I clean out my hopper before storing for any length of time. Thanks for all the feed back.
Terry

Top Bottom