Meatloaf

Duke

I smoked this meatloaf today on my MAK-2 #503.

I do think it is the best meatloaf I have ever had.

350 degrees for 1hr. with bacon on top

Excellent.

Next week I am doing Kansas City style ribs.

Duke

Deb

great job Duke. Smoked meatloaf is the best.

Don't forget to enter it in the weekly contest

CarterQ

Meatloaf on the MAK is awesome, wife was skeptical the first time I took hers outside! Can't wait to see those ribs.

ACW3

Meatloaf (usually with venison, mule deer, or elk meat) cooked indirect on my old Weber Kettle was a mainstay around our house before I got my MAK. The only drawback was that I had to make some gravy for it because it could get too dry, sometimes. It is so much better on the MAK. I can control the temps so it doesn't dry out. I love bacon on my meatloaf.

Art

shelly

I agree that meatloaf and/or meatballs smoked on the pellet grill are a notch above cooking them in the kitchen oven.

Have you tried using a Frogmat and placing the meatloaf mixture directly o it without the loaf pan? It works and you get smokey crispies on the bottom of the loaf as a reward.

Shelly

Rip

Have you tried using a Frogmat and placing the meatloaf mixture directly o it without the loaf pan? It works and you get smokey crispies on the bottom of the loaf as a reward.
Shelly

Agreed, that works well, and if the meatloaf is a little soft to stand you can wrap it with a frogmat to keep it's shape and get the smokey goodness on all sides.

jimsbarbecue

As Shelly and Rip pointed out wrapped in a frogmat is the way to go. The smoke gets it from all sides. Better to make two then one large one. The smaller ones will get more smoke goodness.

Top Bottom