Beer Brined Pork Chops

bflodan

I picked up some nice Kurobuta Pork Chops at the local butcher and decided to try a beer brine with them... Used some dark beer, kosher salt, brown sugar, molasses and some water and ice cubes...Let it brine for about 5 hours.
102-2.jpg

Used a little garlic evoo and some desert gold and little louies...The one on the left is not a Kurobuta, its for my 3 year old...He hasnt graduated to the good stuff yet..
105-1.jpg

Also sliced 3 different types of potatoes and a vidalla onion and tossed with some garlic evoo, desert gold and little louies... Also added some fresh grated parm and gruyere cheese...Topped with a few pats of butter and onto the MAK
103-2.jpg

The potatoes went on about an hour before the chops at 325, the added the chops till they hit 135 then into the box to hang out till we max out the MAK! Then onto the grill grates to finish them off..
107-2.jpg

108-1.jpg

Plated with a fresh salad and an ice cold MC!!
111-1.jpg

Came out great!!!

bflodan

Carter Im not sure it actually did a whole lot...Used Kurobuta which usually comes out pretty moist anyways...Maybe Ill try it on a regular chop next time and see if there is a difference....They where really good though!!

TentHunter

Mmmm I love beer braised pork chops, I bet being beer brined they tasted great. I know they sure do look good! :)

I also like how you Frenched the bones; Nice presentation!

Last edited:

ACW3

Just think how many flavor profiles there are by using different beers, not to mention the seasomings. A lifetime of possibilities.

Art

Top Bottom