Northern Iowa Up In Smoke BBQ Championship - Mason City, IA 7/22-7/23

KimG SOW

We are heading to Mason City, IA this weekend for (what we have heard) a GREAT contest. Going up against some tough teams, including BP's Swine Assassins team. ;)

HoDeDo

This contest was GREAT! The organizer even brought us warm cookies, freshly baked Sunday morning. (and they delivered papers to our camper steps) Sunday morning organizers are supposed to be in a Coma... after working nonstop on their event!!! Ruth got up and baked cookies for those few straglers that stayed til Sunday.

Really enjoyed hanging out with our friends from Swine Assassins and Big T's on Sat. night and Sunday. Mason City is the home contest for the S.A. crew and their RGC was a great showing.... Big T's GC made that a back to back GC for them. That is awesome!! They are on fire!

We scored 10th in Chicken, 8th Pork, 2nd in Brisket.... and 10th overall. We tanked ribs, which makes sense, because I thought they were wonderful. 47th. ouch. Oh well, classes next weekend, then on to Laurie, MO for our normal throwdown in the Ozarks. It's my birthday weekend, so we will be celebrating accordingly. If you are in the area, come on out Friday night. We'll be doing something awesome for dinner. We've done stuffed chops, Pan-fried chicken, Low country boil (30lbs of crawfish), Trying to decide what to cook for the party this year... ideas??

Rip

Congrats on a solid finish, sounds like you had a great time! Have a great Birthday weekend, wish I could make it down!

Top Bottom