Slap your face ribs.

sparky

something different

woke up saturday morning and told the wife i was going to make ribs for dinner. wife said ok but "your ribs are boring and to corporate." what? ppl love the Sparky's Signature Ribs that i sell them. she said "what happen to my old spark who would experiment w/ ribs all the time." but dear, my rib quest is over. i found what i like. she said she wants the old hippie back not the corporate guy. i believe that was a white glove slap in the face. i am always up for a challenge. so a little something different.

at no time was any FL use in this quest. yes back on the rib quest, again.

P7160062.jpg

P7160066.jpg

onto #336 at 220º. yes i know. not my normal temp but something new. i not boring dear, i am spark the magnificent w/ my maks.

P7160070.jpg

sprayed w/ apple juice every 1/2 hour or so. looking good cisco.

P7160073.jpg

flip every time i needed a FT.

P7160076.jpg

used some sauces in the rib quest.

P7160084.jpg

P7160081.jpg

P7160089.jpg

wow, nice ribs dude.

P7160092.jpg

plated up and i must say quiet yummy. my wife said it was the best ribs i every made. got a kiss and a pumpkin pie for this cook.

P7160094.jpg

didn't want the green stuff touching my ribs.

thanks.

Last edited:

Rip

Great looking ribs, as always, nice to have you experimenting again, even though I hadn't noticed you had stopped! I've noticed as I get cooks dialed in I tend to experiment less...plus less free time to plan cooks now than during the winter months.

Last edited:

BBQ Joe

Very nice. I have been doing 275 for the last few times and was thinking of trying a lower temp this weekend. Hope they turn out as nice as yours!

rmi63

Very nice. I have been doing 275 for the last few times and was thinking of trying a lower temp this weekend. Hope they turn out as nice as yours!

I have been doing baby back ribs at 225 the last couple of times and was going to try it at 275 the next time. Besides cooking faster, what benefits does using a higher temperature give? Does the ribs stay more moist?

scooter

I have been doing baby back ribs at 225 the last couple of times and was going to try it at 275 the next time. Besides cooking faster, what benefits does using a higher temperature give? Does the ribs stay more moist?

I think the fat renders out better at the higher temps if that's something your audience cares about. Less time to cook = less fuel burned. Have not noticed a significant difference in moisture cooking at 275 than I did at lower temps.

sparky

i normally good my ribs for the longest time at 275º but these ones where at 220º or so. they came out good. 275º if i am in a rush or cooking for other ppl. going to try 225º next run out.

Koolranch

Spark,

What about my foil question? Anyone have a preference they want to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

on alot of my cooks i use the FL (2 layers of foil, 1 tbs butter, honey and brown sugar) method on my ribs. laterly the fam likes the ribs dry w/ some sauce added at the end. i'm still learning. i am a rib artist (i am saying that in my best french voice). you can do so much to ribs. time, temp, different rubs, sauces or no sauces. its whatever mood i am in at the time.

scooter

Would never think to pair milk with BBQ. Personally, I'd grab one of your FTs to wash down some good BBQ :)

STC said:
220-221.. Whatever it takes.

great quote from Mr Mom. Still use it myself from time to time! lol

CarterQ

Glad to see you playing with ribs again, You never want to get in a rut! Even your standard go to ribs will taste better when you wander around in the woods once in awhile.

Last edited:

Susan

Sparky, we'll be done teaching some kayaking with your dog classes around 6PM. Could you have some ribs ready when we off-load all the boats. Please! I'll make the salad. Any questions? Good. You're the best.

Top Bottom