Jack Daniels Tri tip

sparky

my dad use to make these great steaks once a year on his b'day when i was young using jack daniels. he gave me this recipe when i moved to hawaii when i was 16. these tri tips are for my dad.

marinaded 2 tri's for 8 hours in the JD marinade.

P7230149.jpg

onto #69 @ 450 w/ my grill grates. once the tri's hit the grill grates i turned #69 down to 295º.

P7230155.jpg

turned when grill hit 350º

P7230156.jpg

P7230158.jpg

nice color.

P7230165.jpg

juicy.

P7230166.jpg

P7230168.jpg

daughter made the plate of tomatoes that we got from the farmers market this morning.

P7230175.jpg

my dinner. it was real good.

P7230176.jpg

thanks.

Tri Tip looks great Sparky! And the tomato, fresh mozarella, basil salad with balsamic vinegar and oil is probably my favorite. Your daughter has great taste!

Patrick_CT

That is a great looking piece of beef. Is that a marinade that you would like to share (even though I can not get Tri-tip in CT).

sparky

thanks for the kind words. the recipe is on the same piece of paper that my dad game me 40 years ago when i left for hawaii. i can not give it out. must stay in the family. sorry. :(

Patrick_CT

No problem... I completely understand, now we have something to try to mimic by looks alone and a reference to JD.. How many shots does the cook get? ;)

Susan

I want some of the grill grates! Nice meal, Sparky! And, Patrick, you can get tri tips in CT. There is an Omaha Steaks store in Manchester, CT and they have had them or you can get them on-line from Omaha.

Patrick_CT

I saw on their website you can get 2 (1.5lb) tri-tips for 39.00!! (or one for only $24.00)... I think that is a little too much to spend on a tritip. I used to live in CA and know what they should cost. However Susan if you buy some and cook them up I would love to try it ;)

CarterQ

Doesn't get any better than that Spark! Love cooking those recipes that are hand written on the yellowed paper, definitely makes it special.

Top Bottom