Candy Apple Ribs

TentHunter

I've been wanting to play around with this idea for a while. Ribs with a cinnamon & apple flavor profile glazed with a Cinnamon Candy BBQ Sauce.

I hit some Spare Ribs with some homemade rub & Cinnamon. Filled my cast iron smoking pot with apple pellets and put both on the grill along with a red pepper to roast.
CARIBS01.JPG

Later the pepper was flipped and some thick sliced bacon was put on to smoke.
CARIBS02.JPG

Ready to foil with some Apple sauce, Honey, more cinnamon & a small amount of beer for liquid.
CARIBS03.JPG

A cup of homemade Honey BBQ Sauce, Apple Juice, more cinnamon & 1/4 cup cinnamon candies were placed in a pan and simmered into a glaze.
CARIBS04.JPG

Glazing the Ribs...
CARIBS05.JPG

The Bacon & Roasted Red Pepper were added to some Potato salad.
CARIBS06.JPG

Served with the Potato Salad and some sweet corn.
CARIBS07.JPG

The Glaze combined with the layer of apple sauce definitely gave it that Candy Apple flavor but was balanced nicely by the tangy Honey BBQ sauce to keep it from being too sweet. They were delicious...

...and very sticky! :)

Thanks. :)

ACW3

I love your creativeness with the BBQ sauce. That may have to go on my list of things to try. I have family visiting (6 strong plus our grandson) and I am planning on cooking a big batch of ribs. I want each rack to have a different flavor profile. We'll see.

Art

sparky

TH, how cool. when i saw the title first thing i thought was. ya baby. i love candied apples. did the flavor of the candy come though in the glaze? love the idea partner. nicely done. :cool:

TentHunter

TH, how cool. when i saw the title first thing i thought was. ya baby. i love candied apples. did the flavor of the candy come though in the glaze? love the idea partner. nicely done. :cool:

Yes the candy flavor came through nicely right along with the apple. The tanginess of the Honey BBQ Sauce tempered it perfectly to keep it from being too sweet, so the flavor was like candy apples yet still BBQ ribs.

I will warn you have lots of napkins & moisten towels on hand, because they were wonderfully sticky!

Top Bottom